Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sick Week

I thought it was just case of oversleeping last Monday morning. When I woke up after 10 hours of sleep, I had a headache and my right eye was watery. I attributed the headache to the heat and the eye irritation to my contact lenses but my health took a nosedive late in the afternoon. After bathing, fever set in. My fever alternated between 38 and 39 point something degrees. Thankfully it didn't reach 40 degrees. My eyes were watering and secreting a lot but at least it did not itch nor was painful. My throat wasn't sore either but my appetite is still bleh. I was chilling most of the time and probably hallucinating and Tuesday afternoon I was brought by husband and brother to the Capitol Medical Center ER.

After urinalysis and CBC were done, I waited for THREE hours for the result. And I DON'T like waiting at all. So by the time they got the results, I was seething and pissed and just about ready to headbutt any medical personnel. Why? Because I was shivering in that cold 'bed' that they have lying out in the hallway. My husband requested for an extra blanket which came 30 minutes after. Nobody bothered to come and check my thermometer or offer me any Tempra or fever reliever. And I can't figure out why it took their laboratory three hours to analyze my urine and blood.

Well it was just a case of infection, I was prescribed some antibiotics but they couldn't do anything about my eye infection because they don't have an available ophthalmologist but there is no way that I am going back there.

By Tuesday morning, before he left for work, my husband's right eye had started to show signs of infection but he still went. And another stroke of bad luck, my mom caught the flu and was very weak and unable to care for Wolf which left me no choice but to handle him instead.

The poor guy got conjunctivitis too!

So after my husband's shift we all went to the Fatima Eye Center where we got relatively better service.

So we're all seeing red right now. But I'm on my way to recovery. Wolf's both eyes are red. I just can't stand looking at them. I pity him so much. My husband is showing symptoms of flu today but luckily I'm now able to take care of them.

Haay. Ang nanay bawal magkasakit.

No comments: