Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Maybe the injuries weren't past all cure.
No luck lasts; yours might not, too long, stay estranged;
Some things that you still loved might still endure.
It was all different; that, at least, seemed sure.
-W.D. Snodgrass (Mutability)
It was inevitable that I’d write this. That I’d have to write YOU.
If only to purge you out of my system once and for all. I was gathering all the things that have passed from your hand to my outstretched hands. At the darkest part of my closet still hangs every article of clothing that you ever wore where all traces of your betrayal seeped its way into the stitched fabric that also reeks of my reticent pain.
I am attempting to wade through again the stacks of letters that I stashed in the box, to read each word for the last time and watch them dissolve into a black blurs against the creamy white papers before I use it to light the flames on every memento that this relationship ever acquired exactly eight years ago on the eighth day of the eighth month.
This would be the funeral pyre that would exorcise every remaining vestiges of memory that had stubbornly lodged itself on every folds of my skin through the scars of wounds that would never quite heal because of the scimitar blade that slices through it every time I would feel the space in my cold bed.
Funny that I would turn to Voodoo in destroying you, how I expect to be rid of you while the fire dances and licks my skin as each flick of the wrist guarantees more ash that I will have to sweep in the morrow.
I have been battling you, my angel-turned-demon, for two whole years. For two whole years I pulled out every sliver of shattered pieces of memory that you calmly left, without so much as a backward glance.
How easy it was for you to turn your back and walk away. Traitors should be banished to Cocytus, ironically, to freeze in there forever but who seems to be banished now?
To curl up and be fetal is not enough to ward of the chills, not even in the refuge of a stranger’s embrace can melt the icy pain that was brought upon by your leaving.
I fervently wish by burning these, this dragging and painful journey would finally come to its end.
So maybe then I could finally let myself melt away like a candle burned to its wick until the wax hardens again, and the only remaining remnant is the curl of smoke that is rising up to be inhaled by someone else.
Me, to be inhaled by somebody else.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
But I think I managed to purchase some real treasures, you be the judge:
1. Fear of Fifty by Erica Jong (95 php at Booksale SM Lazaro)
2. Disappearing Acts by Virginia Woolf (152.50 php at eBay)
3. Lot of 3 Love Stories (120 php at eBay...I just can't let go of my childhood collection)
4. Charmed Season 1 DVD (300 php at Quiapo)
5. The Motorcycle Diaries DVD (60 php at Quiapo)
6. A Very Long Engagement DVD (60 php at Quiapo)
7. If These Walls Could Talk 1 DVD (50 php at Quiapo)
8. Mr. and Mrs. Smith DVD (50 php at Quiapo)
9. Sin City DVD (50 ph at Quiapo)
10. The Crime of Padre Amarro VCD (100 php at Odyssey SM Annex)
11. Inventing the Abbotts VCD (100 php at AstroVision SM north)
12. Flat Sandals (100 php at Divisoria)
13. Slingback Pointed Slip Ons (250 php at Divisoria, big brother took care of this one for me, though)
Total: Php 1137.50
Wow. Just seeing those in print made me cringed. How can I spend all of those money in 1 week? Actually, this would've been blown up to 15++ if my mother wasn't able to stop me from bidding on a kick-ass boots at eBay. She saved me just in the nick of time.
Need a job. Badly.