Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Mother Ship

I was back at UST 2 days ago. Meeting some friends. Exchanging stories with former professors who gave me the warmest of hugs and kisses. Stirring up old ghosts. I never actually acknowledged how much I missed the place. How much I missed learning. How much I missed everything that represents being a student.
Strange, the things one miss when deposited in a space so big she does not know what to do with it. Suddenly I long for the cramped spaces. Somewhere I could just curl up in until I die from claustrophobia instead of drowning in this vast and empty cosmos they call freedom. Now I have time on my hands but I know not what to do it. I missed those frenetic moments in my life where my brain could implode any minute from reading too much Fanon and sleep was a luxury that I rarely can afford.
Bottomline: I wanna be a student again.

No comments: