Thursday, August 12, 2004

Extracted (Part 2)

Okay. It is done. Over and done with. Now finally, I can start working and I can now break the monotony that is my life. Funny, this time it didn't hurt as much as the last time and the whole procedure lasted only 30 minutes. Frankly, I think every dentist in the world has somehow memorized all the bull crap in the world because he kept reassuring me that it would not hurt, which of course it did. I was tuning him out, ignoring the lies that roll off his mouth like undulating green snakes. In my mind I was singing Tori Amos' "A Sorta Fairy Tale" while he was slicing my gums open and wrestling my tooth out.

Still waiting for the anaesthesia's effect to subside...mouth still full of blood-soaked cotton. I'm liking the taste of my own blood more and more.

No comments: