Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ruminations

So contracting measles is nature's way of slowing me down. 

I'm chatting right now with a friend who's halfway across the world. I just told her that it is scary to gamble. 

I am thinking that I've been trying to move forward but what if the right way is to move a step backwards? Or maybe even to take on a different direction altogether.
A few days past, I've undergone a terrible breakdown. Or maybe it was a breakthrough. I don't know. I haven't sat and wrote like this for a long, long time. 

Day to day practical necessities rendered me mute. I still haven't forgotten Virginia's advise to get a room of one's own.

Despite the emotional turmoils that I have been battling these past few months, one thing is clear. A change is definitely in order. 

Everything else will be collateral damage.



No comments: