Thursday, August 18, 2011

Enjoying My Downtime

My week-long downtime gave me the pleasure of taking care of my son full-time. I haven't had this opportunity in a while because I do not have any leave credits yet.

With 5 days of unpaid sick leave, I can just imagine my paycheck on the 30th but c'est la vie. You win some, you lose some. 

Since I'm contagious, I was advised to isolate myself from people but Wolfie hasn't left my side since Sunday. It's a bit of a risk but he just had his MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine less than a year ago so I figured, he'd be safe.

If he catches the virus, at least he'll be immunized for life but more than anything else I think he's also enjoying having his mama for himself. 

All we do all day is watch TV, alternately Disney Channel or Disney Junior and if he lets me, I get to watch TLC. I admit that I am very lenient when it comes to television but I'm very selective when choosing the shows that he can watch. I'm not against local shows but I find most of them lacking in educational values so I try to steer Wolf away from those types of shows. The only time that I can't control it is when I have to go to work and leave him with my parents. For the life of me, I just can't figure out why mom likes watching Willy Revillame. 

I felt better enough to do the laundry today but the detergent aggravated the itch. :(
My eyes are still a bit sensitive to light but I hope that the headache that have been plaguing me will go away. 

We will be productive today. :)

No comments: