Monday, December 11, 2006

Posh

Last Saturday was our company's Christmas party. Try as I might, I really could not muster or generate any semblance of interest in attending the event. Which is just as well. After shift, I went there to find that that party was like the Prom that never happened in my highschool. And yes, I did look like basura in my jeans and tank top (That's Sharon stone in a black Gap shirt, Oscar 1996) amidst the glitter and glamour of my officemates who really went all out for the event. Thank goodness for my buddies jhamie and jay who were the designated papparazzi of the night in accordance to the Oscar's Night theme. I've sort of managed to blend in. Anyway, I was only there for less than an hour and there was a post-party party at Hard Rock afterwards which was all expense paid. But I ditched it to hang with the papparazzos at Starbucks instead. We just mulled about Jay's recent love debacle over hot, venti peppermint mocha. (Jhamie, how was your Gingerbread Latte aka treebark shavings on hotwater?)

Jay had to leave as duty calls, and after finishing our drink Jhamie and I left as well.

She slept over and we catched up on things as we haven't seen each other for quite a while.


- - -

Crazy weather. But I like it. If I had my way, I'd ditch work, curl up in my bed, and read the stacks of book I've left rotting in my box while covered in blanket, neck-to-toe.

- - -

That was one of the tightest handgrips I've had. Joi was getting her tattoo while this shot was taken. Next week, it'll be me.




No comments: