Thursday, June 05, 2008

Burger. Yum. Lobster. Yu-ummmy!

Haven't posted in awhile. My office PC had finally given up on me and I've been busy planning Wolf's Christening that I've accumulated a whole lot of things to blog about.

Last weekend was a cook out session in celebration of a major breakthrough in our family.

My lips are sealed and I'm not yet authorized to speak about it so until then...this mouth is shut. Welded. =p

Anyway, last Saturday was my usual. I went to the Salcedo Weekend Market (forgot to take pictures because I carried a whole lotta stuff) and bought 9 quarter-pounder patties from Monster Burger for 240Php. You can buy 5 half-pounders for the same price but husband wanted to create his own version of the double quarter pounder so I bought 9 patties instead.

For the burgers we're making, here are the Cast of Characters: patties, burger buns, tomatoes, cucumber, Kraft cheese slices, white onion, and lettuce.

We grilled these babies for about 10-12 minutes using our electric grill.

Oh man. I am salivating again.

And this is the finished product:

Nope. Defintely not even close to the Mcdo Quarter pounder.

And for the best catch of the day:

Now these are the tropical kinds of lobster. Those with the really big claws are the Atlantic ones. I think. =). Anyway, these babies go for 650Php per Kilo (these two were 1.4 kilo) and they were already in sea-heaven when I bought them. They're more expensive if bought alive and kicking and pinching.

Now we're lobster-virgins, meaning this is the first time that we're cooking these wonderfully large crustaceans.

But it can't be THAT hard right?

So I filled up a pot with water and threw in lots and lots of salt.

After washing 'em, I threw them into the boiling salted water.

They took about 15 minutes to cook.

And voila! Red, juicy lobster. Mmm.

Now, I metioned before that we are lobster-virgin and husband got a bit of a hard time cracking the shells. They were really hard. It's different when Bobby Flay does it. It's like he's slicing a cake.

So they went into the grill in pieces. But before we they were grilled, I squeezed in lemon juice to remove the lansa.

Imagine the aroma. Can you, really?

Now while they're grilling, I creamed a whole bar of butter and put lots and lots of basil and lemon and pepper seasoning on it.

And once the lobsters are off the grill, the herbed butter must be spread immediately onto them.
And here we go:

Needless to say, we've been eating an all vegetable diet for the past week. Wouldn't want to develop angina, right?

But the weekend cook out (in) was the best-est! =)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks for the recipe.