Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Venia[1]


It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
-William Blake


If I die, I forgive you. If I live we shall see.
-Spanish Proverb




I was a fool for seeking and daring to hope for YOUR absolution.


When I should’ve known for a fact that none would ever come.


Should you banish me to Cocytus,
[2] there’s no need to bother, I have already banished myself a long time ago.


I would never throw away what matters.


There was nothing as mutable as what we had. Once had.


But you said that you will forget and I never will.


Perhaps.


Perhaps.


And sometimes the echoes ricochet against you.


[1] Latin for absolution/forgiveness
[2] The 9th Level of Hell according to Dante’s “Inferno. This is where traitors are banished to freeze in the most cold realm of hell.

No comments: